The Willis Law Firm - Texas and New York*
The Willis Law Firm is based in Houston, Texas with a strong national presence and recognition. With 30+ years of personal injury & product liability experience, Mr. Willis has gained a national reputation as a leading personal injury lawyer in the United States. Mr Willis is a Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer since 1988. Mr. Willis is an AV+ Rated Lawyer, the Highest Rating by his Peers. Mr. Willis has represented 1000's of clients over the last 30 years on cases involving serious electrical and thermal burns, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, lung damage, heart damage, paralysis, anoxic brain damage, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death suits against foreign and domestic pharmaceutical manufacturers, chemical plants and other corporate entities. He has represented thousands of clients in drug cases, medical devices involving Fen Phen, Pondimin, Baycol, Ephedra (ma huang), Medtronic, Zyprexa, Rezulin, PPA, Vioxx, Elidel, Bextra and numerous other serious injury, leukemia / benzene exposure, silica dust exposure / silicosis, ethylene oxide exposure, asbestos exposure / mesothelioma, drug and pharmaceutical injury lawsuits.
Committed to helping injured people and their families
Mr. Willis and his personal injury law firm are committed to representing seriously injured people and their families. Mr. Willis was born and raised in Texas. He graduated from Baylor University in 1978 and then went on to graduate from the South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas in 1982. Mr. Willis served as a Briefing Attorney on the Supreme Court of Texas for the Honorable Robert M.Campbell in Austin, Texas until 1984, when he began to practice plaintiff's personal injury law in Houston. In 1992, Mr. Willis founded Willis & Associates, a personal injury law firm with heavy emphasis in products liability litigation.
Mr. Willis' educational, career and legal background include:
- Baylor University (BA 1978)
- South Texas College of Law (JD 1982)
- State Bar of Texas (Admitted in 1983)
- New York State Bar (Admitted in 2005)*
- Supreme Court of Texas - Briefing Attorney (1983-1984)
- Vice President - Harris County Bar Association (1984-1985)
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer (Since 1988)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Since 1988)
- Texas Bar Foundation (Member since 1996)
- Awarded the Steven J Sharp Public Service Award 2001 (National Award)
- United States Patent Holder